a) Academic qualification:
Bachelor of Science in Technology (Electronics), Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science, Master of Science in Information Systems, PhD Information Technology (Ongoing).
b) Work experience:
Has 15 years’ work experience in private sector as a Telecommunications Engineer, ICT Manager in the mining and manufacturing sectors and Automotive industry and further cumulative 5 years lecturing experience in both private and public universities in Kenya.
c) Honours and awards:
- Best performer nomination – CEO town hall for stabilizing ERP systems across Africa, Bharti Airtel International BV, Netherlands.
- Certificate of recognition for having kept all University appointments throughout the four years.
d) Professional affiliation/membership to professional bodies: LinkedIn, ResearchGate, Google Scholar etc.
- Fellow – Computer Society of Kenya.
- Certified ITIL V3 Foundation from Examination Institute for Information Science Netherlands (EXIN).
- Member of LinkedIn, ResearchGate, Google Scholar, Academia.edu and Health informatics forum.
Research interest in ICT4D (ICT for development) and M4D (Mobile Phone for Development), Health informatics, eHealth and telemedicine technologies.
Ongoing research projects:
- Investigations on e-readiness models and frameworks for ehealth systems assessment in Public health facilities in Kenya. (Health Informatics).
- Multi-Agent Mobile Applications for Malaria Diagnosis and Predictions using Artificial Intelligence Techniques (AI). (Digital Health).
- Amuomo Nixon, “Human Factors and Ergonomics, their Effects on the Effectiveness of E-learning at Rongo University, Kenya”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v8i2/show_abstract.php?id=ART20195096 , Volume 8 Issue 2, February 2019, 628 – 633
- Amuomo Nixon, Anino Edward, “Determinants of User Interface Design for the Visually Impaired”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), https://www.ijsr.net/search_index_results_paperid.php?id=ART20198287 , Volume 8 Issue 5, May 2019, 2190 – 2194
- Nixon, A. and Wagacha, P. (2018) “Telediagnostics: An Automatic Biomedical Image Matching and Retrieval in a Multi-Distributed Telecommunications Environment in Kenya.” in M. Ogot (Ed.), https://uonresearch.org/irs/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/irs-2018-5-innovationresearchsymposium.pdf, Proceedings of the 2nd Innovation Research Symposium, 6th March, Nairobi, pp. 45-54.
- Amuomo, “Absolute poverty and the desire to emancipate communities driving Mobile communication for Development (M4D) in Africa Journal of information systems and technology management”, Journal of information systems and technology management, http://www.jistem.fea.usp.br/index.php/jistem/article/view/10.4301%252FS1807-17752017000300008 , Vol 14, No 3 (2017).